MBA Internship Program
- The MBA Internship Program places qualified students at member banks for structured, high-quality internships.
- Provide a resource for member banks to locate and recruit individuals for relevant internships.
- Provide a resource for college students to explore the banking industry and the career options that are available.
- Offer a wide range of learning opportunities and work-related banking experiences while with a bank.
- To allow the student to acquire firsthand knowledge of specific bank processes.
- To increase the visibility of the Michigan banking industry.
- Provide college students with an understanding of how local banks impact their communities.
Internships provide students with the opportunity to gain real world experience in settings outside of the classroom. Students will be able to apply the information they learned in the classroom, build work history, expand professional skillsets, and lay the foundation to a career in the banking industry. This takes the next step in creating and expanding a new generation of banking talent.
Desired Candidate Qualities
- Major in traditional banking-related degrees (Economics, Accounting, Finance, and General Business) along with Marketing, Human Resources, Technology
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to take initiative
- At least a XX Cumulative GPA
- Preference given to 3rd and 4th year students
- Demonstrate a strong desire to work in the banking industry, especially willing to work in the community bank setting
- Upon the decision to apply, resumes and applications will be compiled and sent to banks throughout the state for review or within the student’s geographic preference
- If the student meets the requirements, they will be granted an interview with interested member banks
- The student and the host institution will decide upon the start date and work schedule
- The bank is not responsible for benefits, insurance costs, housing, or travel costs for the student.
- There is no obligation to hire or offer the intern full-time employment following the internship
- The bank will provide supervision and guidance that supports the intern’s work related to their objectives
- Provide a safe work environment that promotes learning
- Assign a mentor to the intern
- Conduct the prescreening of internship candidates
- Facilitate discussions between interns and member banks
- Assist with matching and allocation of interns and banks
- Communicate with the academic supervisor