The MBA is dedicated to enhancing professional development for Michigan’s young bankers/emerging leaders and prepare them to become the industry’s next generation of leaders. Please visit our Emerging Leaders page.
Executive Leadership Academy
Our Leadership Academy is comprised of a series of four sessions, spaced over seven months. You will work with all three aspects of leadership: Leading Self, Leading Others, and Leading the Organization. The program is intense and demanding. It is designed for leaders who are motivated, focused and ready to reach their full potential. An ambition to excel is a prerequisite for this program, as is the desire to face and learn from challenges. If you can answer yes to the following, you are a suitable candidate for this program:
- Do you have the courage to overcome personal weaknesses?
- Do you have a competitive attitude that allows for productive teamwork?
- Do you have a collaborative spirit that centers on problem-solving, with input from all levels of the organization?
An attendee will graduate knowing:
- Core concepts of leadership and management;
- Relationship-building through interpersonal communication;
- How to make courageous decisions and take action crucial to success;
- How to address and manage change with confidence and action-oriented outcomes;
- How to think, plan and effectively execute initiatives.
Sessions for 2019 are scheduled as follows:
- June 18, 19, 20
- August 27, 28, 29
- October 22, 23, 24
Location: Tamarack Adventure and Retreat Center - Ortonville, MI
More information . Use Discount Code: MIBANK19
Designed to help individuals develop the necessary skills to effectively lead and manage teams. The courses in the program have been developed for bankers who directly supervise or collaborate with others in the bank. Successful team leaders focus on both team purpose and individual tasks, promote shared responsibility, identify methods for rewards and recognition, communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders, coach team members, and help manage the change process.
Coaching for Success
Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers
Effective Written Communication
Ethical Issues for Bankers (new version included Jan. 2018)
Meetings that Work
Rewards and Recognition
WOMEN IN BANKING RESOURCES
"Research shows that diverse management teams produce higher ROIs. As diversity, including gender diversity, is recognized as a competitive advantage, smart leaders will work to overcome factors that inhibit the development of women leaders."
—Dorothy Savarese, ABA Chairman and Chairman, President and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank