|Allowances for Loans Losses & Leases
|Thursday, February 23, 2017, 09:00am - 04:00pm |
Click here to register online!
The Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) represents one of the most significant estimates in an institution's financial statements and regulatory reports. It is a valuation reserve established and maintained by charges against the bank's operating income and is an estimate of loans that may be uncollectible. Because of its significance, each institution has a responsibility for developing, maintaining and documenting a comprehensive, systematic and consistently applied process for determining the amount of the ALLL and the Provision for Loans & Lease Losses. To fulfill this responsibility, each institution should ensure controls are in place to consistently determine the ALLL in accordance with:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Institutions stated policies and procedures
- Management's best judgment
- Relevant supervisory guidance
This program is designed to review the elements and thought process in establishing and maintaining an adequate ALLL level under the new guidance.
- The specific topics to be covered in this seminar include:
- How to utilize Sageworks software to calculate the ALLL
- Establishment and Purpose of the ALLL
- Loan Grading and the impact on the ALLL
- General Framework required to establish the ALLL
- Review of Regulators expectations
- Reinforce Concepts with Allowance Calculation Cases
After completing this course, the participant will have an enhanced understanding of the importance of creating and maintaining an adequate Allowance that is legally defensible and insures the bank is operating in a safe and sound environment.
CEOs, Presidents, Board Members, Credit Administrators, Senior Credit Officers, Loan Review Officers, Compliance Officers, Senior Loan Officers, Commercial/Consumer Loan Officers, Loan Operation Officers, Loan Administrators
Driving directions may be found at:
- Continental Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
- Seminar: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Dress is business casual
- Continental breakfast and lunch are included
- Parking is free. Please park in the MBA lot on the north side of our building
- We provide all materials (handouts, pen, paper)
Accommodations. Please ask for Michigan Bankers Association corporate rates.
Courtyard by Marriott, Lansing
Ask for Michigan Bankers Association Corporate Rate
2710 Lake Lansing Road
Lansing, Michigan 48912
(517) 482-0500 (please stay on the line and ask for the Lansing sales office)
Hyatt Place Lansing, Eastwood Towne Center
2401 Showtime Drive
Lansing, MI 48912
If prompted, please enter the code 29700 into the Corporate or Group Code Box
Location : MBA Education Center, Lansing