mbaBanking is the award-winning official publication of the Michigan Bankers Association. Articles cover banking-related topics ranging from the latest trends and technology to community outreach efforts to new banking rules and regulations.
mbaBanking Wins Gold Honorable Mention at MSAE Diamond Awards Ceremony. View full article.
Looking for advertising information?
Check out the mbaBanking media kit.
Interested in writing an article for mbaBanking?
mbaBanking accepts submitted articles that follow the writers' guidelines. After reviewing your article, we will contact you to let you if we're interested in running the story and what issue it will appear in.
- The Right Mix by Carla Kalogeridis
Love What You Do by Bryan Dodge
- Banks Impact Michigan Communities and Improve Lives by Tom Edmiston, Senior VP Tax Credit Investing, Great Lakes Capital Fund
- The Root of the Issues by Carla Kalogeridis
- MiBankPAC Contributor's List
- Nominate the Next MBA Banker of the Year
- Meet MBA Chairman Craig Kus, Bank of Alpena
- MBA Executive Officers Provide Leadership and Community Outreach Insights for the Banking Industry
- The Secret Sauce by Carla Kalogeridis
- West Shore Bank Receives the Veterans Support Award for Protecting Elderly Veterans by Donna Yager, Marketing Officer, West Shore Bank
- MBA 125 Years Celebration
- Education Highlights: MBA Professional Development 2013
- Bay Port State Bank's Annual Halloween Open House by Annie Simon, Marketing Director, Bay Port State Bank
- Monroe Bank & Trust Brings MBA Endorsed Partner EverFi to Local Schools
- Congratulations to the 2012 MBA Financial Literacy Award Winners
- Chartering the Perfect Storm by Carla Kalogeridis
- Bank of Ann Arbor Unveils a New Way to Bank
- The More Things Stay the Same, by Carla Kalogeridis
- David Ramaker Named 2012 Michigan Bankers Association Banker of the Year
- UDAAP Considerations in New Product Development by Kathlyn L. Farrell
- Wolverine Bank’s Student Andrew Dyke Takes Third in ABA ‘Lights, Camera, Save!’ Competition
- Your BEST Bet by Carla Kalogeridis
- The BEST Tips for Creating a Positive Organizational Culture by Erika Oliver, MPA
- The ABCs to Quality by Becky McCrary, CSP
- Mercantile Bank of Michigan incorporates technology at ArtPrize
- Insuring Your Future, by Carla Kalogeridis
- What the New Census Means to Your Business, Today & Tomorrow, by Kelly McDonald, McDonald Marketing
- MEDC and MBA team up to certify banks for MEDC Loans — mBank offers lending success story
- Honor Bank fights hunger with annual “Fall Food N’ Things” drive.
- Meet MBA Chairman Tim Doyle
- MBA Executive Officers Provide Leadership Advice, Encouragement and Vision for the Banking Industry
- Building Your Bank’s Leadership Through Mentoring and Career Advocacy Programs, by Beth Handley-McMall, Principal, Rehmann Consulting
- Reinventing Leadership, by Carla Kalogeridis
- Wolverine Bank staff spent time talking with students about the differences between saving and spending, providing interactive games and activities to help emphasize the importance of saving.
- Protecting Against Fraud, by Carla Kalogeridis
- New Internet Banking Guidance Raises the Bar, by Keith Laughery
- Easy Money by Robert Worthington
- Citizens Bank Helps Keep Seniors Safe
- Shedding Light on the Dodd-Frank Act by Pandall L. Harbour, JD and Joseph A. Zito, CPA, MBA
- CFPB More Questions than Answers by Charlie Goode
- Caring for a Community by Carla Kalogeridis
- Doug Chaffin Named 2011 MBA Banker of the Year
- The Next-Generation Customer by Richard Lavolette
- Superior National Bank provides an afternoon of music and fun for it’s customers and the community.
- Bank of Ann Arbor Facebook page benefits local nonprofits.
- 7 Steps to Happy Crap by Erika Oliver, MPA
- 10 Ways to Stumble in a Crisis by Barbara Lezotte
- BEST Conference by Carla Kalogeridis
- Century Bank and Trust supports youth in government program.
- Local winner for Wolverine Bank wins second place in national video contest.
- Value of Volunteering by Carla Kalogeridis
- Importance of Grassroots by David Worthams
- Independent Bank serves a variety of causes.
- Meet MBA Chairman Bob Chapman
- Board of Directors
- Regulation Reform, by Richard Lavolette
- Developing Future Leaders, by Lori LePla
- Banks support their communities by offering free financial seminars and sponsoring annual events.
- Preserving Your OREOs for Another Michigan Winter, by Blake Johnson
- Renewed Focus Softens Budget Cuts, by Jeremy Kane
- Lessons from the Economic Battlefield, by Scott Eisenberg
- 2010 MBA Financial Literacy Award Winners.
- New MBA Web site Provides Resources, Information and Updates
- Destination: Planet Blog, by Shelby Reno
- Michigan bankers visit local schools for annual Teach Children to Save Day.
- Redesigned MBA Web site Provides More Information, Easier Navigation
- MBA Trust Committee Modernized Trust Code by Deborah Mitin
- James Conboy Named 2010 Michigan Bankers Association Banker of the Year
- Students become royal savers with Blissfield State Bank’s financial education program.
- Building Relationships in Challenging Markets. Learn how to keep customers happy and gain new ones.
- Focus on Leadership. Become a leader in difficult times.
- Social Networking Sites Offer Opportunities for Banks. Social media creates new communication avenues for bankers.
- Chemical Bank creates storybook to promote saving.
- Art Johnson Guides the Industry Through Turbulent Times. Learn about Art Johnsons’ goals while he serves as ABA chairman.
- OFIR Commissioner Ross to Congress: Michigan Community Banks Unfairly Paying the Price by Ken Ross.
- Wolverine Bank helps community in time of need.
- Meet MBA Chairman Eric Eishen. MBA Chairman Eric Eishen outlines his goals for the association.
- MBA Executive Officers Give Leadership Advice as Michigan Fights to Recover.
- How to Address the Too Big to Fail Theory: What Steps to Take to Avoid Future Problems.
- Passionate Debate is the Key for Making Sounder Decisions by Jim Woods.
- Leadership Development that Sticks: Accelerating the Development of Your Future Leaders by Mazy Gillis and Steve Gravenkemper.
- Macatawa Bank helps Hispanic communities understand banking basics.
- Women Find Opportunities in Banking. Women share their stories of climbing the corporate ladder.
- Mary Fowlie Reflects on Banking Career. She explains her banking story from teller to entreprenuer.
- Life Balance: Show Up Fully No Matter Where You Are by Roxanne Emmerich
- Superior National Bank & Trust supports local hockey initiatives.
- Financial Literacy Efforts Benefit Local Communities. Banks reach out to their communities with free financial information.
- Children Learn About Saving With In-school Bank Programs.
- 2009 Financial Literacy Award Winners. Banks are honored for outstanding financial literacy initiatives.
- Michigan Bankers Participate in Teach Children to Save Day’s Million Child. Nearly 4,000 Michigan students receive Teach Children to Save Day lessons.
- Banks of All Sizes Offer Mobile Banking. Learn how to give your bank a competitive edge with mobile banking.
- What Just Happened in the Economy and What’s Next. Predictions for the future of banking and Michigan
- Faxing to Go by Steve Adams. A look at new time-saving technology.
- Monroe Bank & Trust offers extraordinary financial literacy programs.
- Bank Marketers Measure Profit Risk in Changing Times. New marketing strategies revealed to help make your bank more successful.
- Brand Bytes by John Mathes. Learn how to capture your bank’s identity in a few simple words.
- Mayville State Bank employees teach students about credit.
- Federal Regulators Discuss Current Industry Conditions by Lauren Henderson. FDIC and Fed representatives respond to help banks in challenging economic times.
- $700 Billion — A Buy-in not a Bailout. A review of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act and where it has taken the industry.
- Rep. Bert Johnson Shares Industry Outlook. An outline of Rep. Johnson’s future plans and goals.
- Meet MBA Chairman Doug Chaffin. MBA Chairman Doug Chaffin outlines his goals for the association.
- MBA Executive Officers Lead Banking Industry During Challenging Times. MBA officers discuss how they’re leading their banks and association into the future.
- Secrets Revealed: Becoming the Best Boss. Get tips on how to become a more effective boss and mentor.
- Historical Leaders Inspire Future Leaders. Learn how to develop leadership skills in the workplace.
- Peoples State Bank offers services in multiple languages. Senior citizens receive helpful information from First Federal of Northern Michigan.
- Banks Teach Consumers How to Protect Their Identity by Lauren Henderson. Discover what banks are doing to teach their communities about the risks of identity theft.
- Banks Work to Prevent Financial Elder Abuse. Learn how to detect and prevent financial elder exploitation.
- The Red Flag Identity Theft Program: A 41-Hour Project by Richard B. West. Learn what to include in your bank’s Identitfy Theft Red Flag Program.
- Bank Fraud, Scams and Robbery by Richard Lavolette. Unsual scams to be aware of.
- Sturgis Bank & Trust Company host Millionaire for a Day program.
- MBA Provides Valuable Resources for Member Banks. Discover the benefits of being a MBA member bank.
- Paul Clabuesch Named 2008 Michigan Bankers Association Banker of the Year.
- The Future of Community Banking: Six Factors Defining the Next Five Years. James Jones discusses six factors affecting the future of banking.
- Banks Support MSHDA Program to Assist Homeowners. Governor signs bill to help homeowners in need.
- Citizens State Bank in-school banking program teaches children important financial lessons.
- Mortgages and Foreclosures Impact Communities. The causes of Michigan’s mortgage challenge and how to solve it by Richard D. Lavolette
- Banks Invest in the Environment by Building Green. Banks are becoming environmentally-friendly by building green.
- Pandemic Planning: What Banks Should Do To Prepare. An outline of activities to help banks prepare for a pandemic outbreak.
- Remote Deposit Capture Leads the Way in Banking Technology. How to get involved with the newest banking technology.
- Bank of Ann Arbor teams up with local teen organization.
- MBA Executive Officers Guide the Industry. The MBA’s new executive officers outline their goals for the association.
- Single Business Tax Replacement: Everybody had a Plan. The makings of Michigan’s new business tax and Financial Institutions Tax.
- The Growing Roles and Responsibilities of Bank Directors. Directors are facing increasingly complex regulations as leaders of their financial institutions.
- MBA Past Chairman Encourages Association Involvement. Art Johnson, Chairman and CEO, United Bank of Michigan, explains how serving his industry and association benefits his bank.